Explore the alternatives.
It’s a good idea to explore all options when choosing a senior living community. It’s important to find the best fit for your needs and lifestyle. When doing so, you may find that the amenities, activities, Signature Experiences and access to care provided at a Life Care Services community are the perfect fit. But what if you’re unsure? Don’t worry. We can help you understand your options and make your next move the best move.
While Life Care Services provides a variety of community options, there are a few alternatives to our offerings that may fit your needs. With 50 years of experience in the senior living industry, we are here to make sure you find the right fit.
Active Adult Communities
Active adult communities offer relatively maintenance-free independent living residences to individuals age 55 and older.
There are two types of active adult communities:
- Age-restricted — at least 80% of residences must have at least one person over the age of 55.
- Age-targeted — marketed to the 55+ age bracket but aren’t limited to those over age 55.
At an active adult community, residences can be owned or rented. They may be single-family houses, patio homes, townhouses, apartments, condos or even mobile homes.
Senior apartments are age restricted, usually to people who are 55 and older. In general, this housing option offers very few services and limited organized social activities, if any.
As you weigh your options, pay attention to what active adult communities and senior apartments don’t offer.
- Housekeeping, laundry and transportation services are varied and limited.
- Dining services don’t exist or are limited to continental options
- On-site care services are not available.